Thursday, October 18, 2018

Losing it - 150 days of myfitnesspal streak

A shoutout to this amazing community in which I have been a lurker for so long and in which I found support, motivation, discipline, love and humor in the posts and comments of so many of you, which played an important part in my weight loss.

As I hit 150 days of calories logged on myfitnesspal today, I thought I share some of my experiences, because all of them have been reported by others here and I always thought: "I don't think that this will ever happen to me." But it did. And with all my heart I'd like to encourage those of you that are scared to start or have little confidence in what they can achieve: do it. Now, today. Use the resources of the quick start guide, figure out your TDEE and suitable deficit, download an app that helps you track your calories and you are on your way. Here's roughly what happened to me the last 150 days. Apologies in advance for spelling mistakes or grammatical errors as I am not a native of an English speaking country.

Where did I start? In may at 89.4kg (197 lbs) as a 5'4 woman who has always been hovering between 60-65kg but gained 25kg over the last 7 years or so. I had been successful with CICO in the past, but got sloppy when the first 10kg were gone (ah, you've done so good, go ahead, have that 3000kcal burger, fries and soda) and as so many others, I gained them back in no time. When I started this time, I religiously held on to what I've read on this subreddit so many times and which had suddenly somehow sunk in: Just keep on logging. Don't let temporary gains confuse or derail you. It's not about motivation in the long run - it's about discipline. You like to have the fries? Have them - either within your budget or be ok with maybe a few days eating at maintenance. But keep on logging and being true to yourself about the choices you make food wise.

When 10 kg were gone, I couldn't see any difference but felt mental and physical changes like being more positive towards other people, interacting more with people I want to get to know better (I am a rather shy person when it comes to social interactions with people who I think have incredible skills for example in their field of work and such) and just feeling lighter when moving around. When 12 kg were gone, people I only see occasionally or hadn't seen for months instantly noticed and were very vocal about it (which made me proud, because it somehow externally validated my progress). About the same time, I got to experience this wonderful thing called wardrobe-shopping - and was in awe every day about the fact, that I could wear all those dresses I had kept because I thought "maybe one day, I can wear this again". I am wearing them now. When 16 kg were gone, I took measurements (which I had done only when I started) and found out, that I had lost 14cm from my hips - wait, what? If there is one thing I thought that wasn't fat, it was my butt. Turns out, it was too. All along the way, I got more active, I get restless when I don't go out at least for an hour to walk around the neighborhood. I feel good about gaming for hours in the evenings because I know I have been doing 5k training, spent time with friends outside or went dancing earlier in the night. Today, 18kg are gone. The size m dress I bought 10 days ago (and over which I cried happy tears when realizing I could just put it on) is getting loose. I am 0.4 points away from an ideal BMI. I am not done yet.

TLDR: Thought I couldn't lose it. Started CICO and lost it. Experienced weight-loss related situations as many others of you. Would like to encourage others to just start losing it.

submitted by /u/thesceneisdead
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2R1RFef

No comments:

Post a Comment