Monday, October 15, 2018

M 6' 198 -> 184 (3 months)

I started working out in August last year. Before that I didn't know what the inside of a gun looked like and never worked out. I decided to bulk and probably ate more than I should have. I would workout and then come back and eat a whole pizza. I went all the way up to 198 from my initial weight of 175 in a period of 10 months.

I definitely bulked too long and too much. This is definitely a good lesson to learn that you shouldn't bulk beyond a point where you've got too much fat. I definitely was too fat by the end of the bulk and felt a nice big tire around my waist, and generally hated myself.

I then decided it was time to cut and started eating at a deficit. I didn't maintain a specific deficit, but I would check my weight week to week and adjust calories according to whether I lost enough weight. In this time I also started playing basketball once a week and I think this is what helped the most with my weight loss. Because of that I didn't have to eat too little (since basketball burned a lot of calories). I advise anyone wanting to cut to incorporate intense cardio instead of trying to ear less to compensate for the lack of cardio. I feel like this approach makes you overall more healthy and fit rather than the other way of eating less. I would aim to lose about 1.5-1.7 pounds a week since anything faster than that will probably be too drastic and result in muscle loss and waste as well, and you don't want that.

Also, I ate about 110-130g of protein almost everyday. I think this should be enough, although some people suggest eating more. Next bulk I'll definitely try to eat more protein and see if that helps

As for lifting, I followed the PHUL routine from start to finish through both bulk and cut.

Before: http://imgur.com/OpUO4Fd

After: http://imgur.com/PBgWp2y

submitted by /u/throthrowth
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IX7QXn

No comments:

Post a Comment