Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Need Men's Fashion Advice! What Clothes Will Fit While Still Hiding My Bulging Loose Skin Abdomen?

At 38 years old, 6' tall, & 198 lbs, I feel good physically. But after losing over 100 lbs, I have a "ring" of loose skin that gravity's placed around my lower abdomen, encircling my mid section.

When I wear clothing that fits well everywhere else, it accentuates my waist area, making it look as if I'm wearing a half- deflated inner-tube underneath! So I'm still buying baggy fitting clothes (just like I did at 305 lbs) that are unflattering, make me look bigger than I am, and that crush my confidence.

Now that I can fit into clothing of "normal" sizes and actually have options, I'd like to step up my wardrobe. I'm pretty insecure about my post-weight-loss naked body, so I'd at least like to feel confident when I'm fully clothed. But my total lack of fashion sense or knowledge is putting me at a great disadvantage.

I've searched online, but almost all the information about how to choose clothing for people with my problem are for women! It's not like there's not men's fashion advice online, but it's mostly for the average sized man, and some advice for the heavy man, but not so much advice for the now-average-sized-man-with-half-deflated-inner-tube-loose-skin-belt.

My main "style" of dress is "casual" and "very casual". I also have to dress on "business casual" a few days a week. Prior to my weight loss, for business casual, I always wore the same thing - stretch-waist khakis (I had 5 pairs) and a baggy polo shirt available in my size (same brand, 5 different colors). In my off hours I wore baggy sweat pants and a plain, solid color baggy t shirt. That was it. But I had given up at that point. Now I want to look good! But I don't know how to choose clothes!

Has anywhere here had any experience with choosing clothing or wearing clothing in a way that doesn't make it obvious that you have excess skin hanging from your body?

I have tried compression garments, but I don't really want to wear those all day everyday. I'd simply like to go out in public wearing clothes that aren't baggy and unflattering, but that fit properly while not making my loose skin obvious to every passer-by.

I know this is a big question, so I'd also appreciate any references/resources that might help me in my pursuit to learn how to dress better.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/stevens3057
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2y9lpyv

No comments:

Post a Comment