Sunday, October 14, 2018

Note for Fatties During the Struggle - Remember the things you are working for

A month ago I posted here about how getting close is the most dangerous part of the weight loss journey, and many expressed appreciation for the thought. Those expressions of appreciation were very helpful to me for my own struggle.

I read so many comments about plateaus or the difficulty and the frustration, and certainly, I experience those myself. I was thinking about it in my own life as I was getting dressed this morning. Then I realize I just picked some pants and a shirt and threw them on. Without even thinking about whether they would fit. They just slid on easily. This still shocks me because I still feel like I am as fat as I was when I started my weight loss. And it made me think about the things we give up when we let our weight go, and the things we get back. So I thought I would post a reminder for those who may be wondering if the challenge is worth it.

  • Picking from any of the clothes you own, knowing it will fit without being uncomfortable or looking like a stuffed sausage
  • Going clothes shopping and knowing if you find something you like, you can more than likely get it in a size that fits you
  • Not being forced to buy and wear clothes because they fit, but because you think it looks good
  • Shopping for things online confident that when it arrives, it will probably work
  • Not worrying about someone filling the empty chair next to you in a theater or an airplane, or being embarrassed when they do
  • Not having to check the Max Wt. Limit on anything you want to try
  • Being fine when you visit the doctor, and they tell you to get on the scale before the exam
  • Getting a haircut you want, not the one that looks fine with your full face
  • Not struggling to wipe your ass, or wash yourself, or having to treat any rashes or other maladies that come with the constant friction of living your life
  • No longer having that sick feeling after bingeing on too much food, and the cycle of self-hatred that comes with it
  • Having the option of getting stronger and healthier, instead of just worrying about losing weight

I am sure there are a ton more. These are just the ones that have come to me. Share your own. My own struggle and journey continues. It always will I think.

The world is built for people of average and healthy weight range. To be outside that range is to exclude ourselves from the world. To be in that range provides options. It provides freedom. And that is more important than cheese fries.

submitted by /u/Hipster_McTool
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QMutR1

No comments:

Post a Comment