Monday, October 22, 2018

[NSV] I resisted the alcoholic beverage on Football Sunday!!

I have battled with my weight since I was a child who blossomed into puberty (and awkward weight gain). My fiancé doesn’t quite understand, because he grew up thin and even now only has a slight mid section weight gain like most men of a certain age get.

I’ve tried everything in my lifetime struggle, from Curves to Nutrisystem to Weight Watchers. I’ve worked with a personal trainer and nutritionist strictly adhering to their guidance and I only gained muscle during that time, never saw weight loss. I tried medically guided weight loss with 3 different types of prescriptions, none of which worked, and I go to the gym regularly. Suffice it to say, I’ve never given up but I have tried almost everything under the sun. I’m not a candidate for surgery because I’m not unhealthy, just overweight (by about 100lbs).

With the help of reddit I started Keto and IF and have seen my first weight loss results EVER (that weren’t a result of an eating disorder).

I’m sticking to this lifestyle pretty easily because it suits me, I don’t feel deprived, and I’m seeing results. SO on to the NSV! We were watching the Saints beat the Ravens this Sunday (Who Dat!) and after they won my fiancé made celebratory Bloody Mary drinks. He was already pretty tipsy at this point so he didn’t hear me when I said I didn’t want one, and made one for me too. I have a bad history of always eating or drinking what’s put in front of me and not being able to say no or walk away. But not this time!! I poured the drink down the drain in a true act of defiance against my inner demons and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

It may not seem like much, but I feel like I’m finally regaining my control over what I put in my body, instead of letting the food (and drinks) control me.

submitted by /u/AmduciouslyYours
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2R59fxE

No comments:

Post a Comment