Monday, October 22, 2018

My weight loss journey! 19 F, 5’3 (161cm), 136 lb (62kg) -> 107 lb (48.5 kg)

Hey guys!

I wanted to share my weight loss journey with you. Though the weight that I have lost is not much compared to the others, I feel a sense of accomplishment and want to share my journey with you guys!

At the beginning of this year, I was at my heaviest weight (62 kg). I used to eat out of boredom, because there is not much to do in the city where I live. I am Asian, and though 136 pounds may not sound that much, I looked almost overweight.

I loved food, and thought if I went to gym I can still eat whatever I want to. I went to gym for like 3 months, 5 times a week, doing mainly cardio. I went down to 60 kilos.

Unsatisfied with the results I achieved, I dropped out of gym, and then started restricting my calories, and went down to 57 kilos in just a month.

I had like 2 month break afterwards, and in early August, I decided to get back on track.

I still ate whatever I wanted to, and did occasional 48 hour water fast a few times, and I went from 57 kg to 53 kg by mid-September. Fasting helped me a great deal because it really suppressed my appetite, and I was not craving for sweets or pizza anymore, and fasting taught me discipline.

I was very happy with the results I had achieved. I then stopped fasting because I was told that it is wrong to fast at my age as my body needs nutrition and I should consider other ways of losing weight.

I tried OMAD, but I found out that it left me with even more cravings for food, and impatiently waiting until my next meal. I also felt that I cannot eat that much food in one sitting, because I felt beyond full already eating 700 calories. OMAD was not for me.

I then ate twice a day (at 12:00pm and at 5:00pm). I restricted my calories and got down to 48.5 kilos. Now I don’t restrict my calories, and eat 1400-1500 calories a day to maintain my weight (sedentary lifestyle). I still eat twice a day!

I am very happy with the results I have achieved and I am finally satisfied with the way I look. I am at my lowest weight now since the age 14!

Weight loss was such a confidence boost! I can finally wear whatever I want to, and I feel very healthy! I have become very conscious of what I eat, and learned a lot about healthy eating habits throughout my journey!

Thanks for r/fasting, r/loseit, r/omad for everything, and I wish you all luck!

(Ps. Sorry if I have made grammatical mistakes, I am not a native speaker!)

submitted by /u/mrzhn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PNwXyv

No comments:

Post a Comment