Wednesday, October 10, 2018

NSV - I was able to sleep on the extra firm beds at the hotel

Recently I drove halfway across the country for a visit home, a 25 hour drive. I love long drives but even still it necessitated a night in a hotel once on the way there and once on the way back to split up the 25 hours.

Previously when I've had to stay in hotels, I've been unable to be comfortable on the beds because a lot of hotel beds are very firm and I'm simply too fat for that. My weight uncomfortably digs my hips into the mattresses and I wake up multiple times a night with sore hips and a sore back. Red Roof Inn is one I absolutely couldn't sleep on -- when I know I'm going to be staying at one, I bring a mattress pad. But this time I had to bring my dog, and so I didn't have room for any kind of mattress pad, plus Red Roof has no pet fee or breed restrictions, so I booked it.

I weighed between 250-275 when I had the problems sleeping on their beds before, and I was 206.6 the day I left for the trip. I was making plans to sleep basically sitting up propped against all the pillows and was very pleasantly surprised to find that when I laid down, I wasn't uncomfortable. I slept quite peacefully in that hotel bed, and even the sketchy hotel with the shitty beds on the way back wasn't so uncomfortable that I couldn't sleep.

This is one of those things I never would've considered as a benefit of weight loss. It's so neat to see how all the little things add up to be life-changing.

submitted by /u/MyAcheyBreakyBack
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OixGuL

No comments:

Post a Comment