Tuesday, October 23, 2018

NSV/SV: Officially 2 Months into my Weight Loss Journey - 17.8lbs down, some knowledge gained

Well here I am, 2 Months into my journey, and feeling quite pleased with myself. I am 17.8lbs down, and I feel very determined to get to my goal weight. I have been using CICO for the 2 months, and about 2 weeks ago started IF. This has worked really well, and has made my relationship with food much better.

What I've learned: - Don't stress the small stuff. In the beginning I would stress about logging my foods, because I would wonder if I was entering it correctly, or if the spices had calories. But after a few weeks, and using my food scale religiously, I feel pretty confident that I'm being as accurate as possible. Wasn't worth the stress.

  • Don't exclude yourself from social things - I had posted a question about how people doing CICO eat at a potluck. I was very concerned that I would want to binge on all the delicious looking stuff. I ended up only having small amounts of 1 or 2 things, and then stuck with the veggies. I was still able to be involved but didn't feel guilty about my consumption.

  • Have a confidant who you trust - In the past, I would try to keep my weight loss goals a secret from everyone, even my husband. I would end up failing because I didn't feel motivated, or he would cook a beautiful spaghetti dinner and my diet could wait. This time I decided to tell 2 people. My husband and my good friend (who also is overweight). My husband has offered me nothing but love and support through my journey. He walks with me everyday. My friend had the opposite response. She said that I don't need to lose weight, that I was starving myself, and was overall pretty negative about it. I never tried to push my weight loss journey onto her, but I know she is very unhappy with her body. Now I don't talk about it with her, and I haven't seen her in about a month. If she had of been my only confidant, I think her negativity would have had a big impact on if I would continue my journey. This community on reddit is incredibly supportive and helpful.

  • Motivation is important, but follow through is even more important. I have a big motivation. I have PCOS and want to lose weight so I can hopefully have children. I am also motivated to lose weight so I can wear those super cute knee high fall boots. And generally speaking I want to lose weight so I'm more healthy. This is great, but sometimes these things don't get me out the door walking. Developing habits and follow through was crucial to me.

I'm feeling pretty good about my weight loss so far. I know I still have a long way to go, and all days aren't easy, but persevering each day is progress. Logging my food everyday, even if the scale hasn't moved for 2 days, that's still progress. I didn't gain all this weight in a few months, and it will definitely be a journey to lose it.

submitted by /u/WeighedDownLady
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NVCYHC

No comments:

Post a Comment