Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Did anyone else gain weight when they first started getting serious about weight loss?

Hi, so I started doing CICO in the summer but I was really lazy about it. I still saw some small improvements and had lost 4 pounds before I gave up because I went on vacation and never got back on it again. About two weeks ago I started getting serious again and logging my foot and limiting myself to 1400 calories a day. The scale didn’t move at all but I thought I just need to keep at it. This past week I got really serious, started meal prepping and weighing food and exercising (running/elliptical/and some strength) again. I stepped on the scale today and I have gained two pounds. I feel so discouraged and confused. I have been eating around 1400 calories a day and I have NOT been eating my exercise calories back (about 200-300 usually). I know muscle weighs more than fat but I don’t feel like I’ve exercised enough to gain muscle weight, it’s been like 5 work outs. I just want to give up because I don’t understand what’s happening: I’m really sure I’m not eating hidden calories, I’ve gone through everything ive logged but I’ve been really meticulous about logging everything accurately and I never lie about calories or conveniently forget to log a snack, I promised myself even if I go over I will log it. Like Sunday I ate 1600 calories which was over my allowance unless you include the calories from my workout but I logged everything. I was really excited to see that maybe I had lost a pound, and to keep going slow and steady. And seeing I gained two pounds just made me cry. Also, I weighed myself two days ago and was at my starting weight which I thought was maybe inaccurate for a number of factors ...

So my question is did this happen to anyone else and did you figure out what caused it and start losing weight?

Edit: for clarity I am 5’4” and currently 161 pounds.

submitted by /u/cervidaes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OEA0MK

No comments:

Post a Comment