Sunday, October 7, 2018

Officially in a Healthy BMI - Slow and Steady

Hello! F/33/5'7 SW: 181; CW: 158.5

Well, I finally did it. After spending at least a decade in the overweight range, I'm officially in a healthy BMI again.

I've always been a pretty body positive person and I've always had a few extra pounds on - mostly, I liked how I carried it, so losing weight wasn't a huge priority for me until I started getting a little older. After 30, my knees started to hurt a little more, my sleep quality wasn't great, and I noticed my tum was starting to get in my way a bit as I tried to do things. This past April, at 32, I weighed myself and realized that I was at least 20 pounds overweight. I decided to make a change. I installed My Fitness Pal and started consistently tracking everything I ate.

90% of my success has been CICO. I dropped the first 10 pounds pretty quickly (within the first 6 weeks) and the last 10 have been very slow to come off. It really is true, the key to sticking with weight loss is finding ways that are sustainable for you and not giving up because you have a bad day or week -- if you eat at deficient over time, even if it is a very small deficient, you will lose weight. I feel like I have found something I can do for the rest of my life.

I'd still like to lose another 8 or so, and I'm sure that will take a while - but I feel good! My knees don't hurt anymore, I've stopped snoring and I've noticed a definite improvement in my sleep quality. Also my tum mostly minds its own business, haha.

Here are some pics! https://m.imgur.com/a/f918qAD

submitted by /u/Sendrubbytums
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CxYVLq

No comments:

Post a Comment