Wednesday, October 24, 2018

One year ago today, I found this subreddit! Today, I’m 98lbs down.

This day in 2017, I decided it was time to lose some weight. In a matter of hours, I found this subreddit. And my life hasn’t been the same since. I posted on Progress Pics, but I wanted to re-share here because this sub has been the #1 reason for my progress.

I set a goal to lose 100lbs by my anniversary date, but I’ll take 98!

If anyone is seeing this and thinking of starting, here are just a few things that come to mind:

1. Forgive yourself often. Any day under maintenance Calories is a win no matter what. And any day above them is a fluke, a chance to course correct tomorrow.

2. Cheat every day. Guilt is dumb. Some people can do the no-sugar/no-carb/no-fun-food thing cold turkey, but that sounds like torture for no reason? Carbs are delicious, man. Have that chocolate bar. Eat the burger. Get that ice cream cone. But budget it and make slightly better choices; maybe instead of the large, go for a medium.

3. Don’t feel like a failure because you didn’t hit some arbitrary goal you set for yourself. Things happen. You go on vacation. You binge out on the weekend. You have a three-week plateau that ends just two days before your weight loss anniversary date and you don’t get to 100lbs down. (I’m 🙃 not 🙃 frustrated 🙃 at 🙃 all.) Losing weight is just a series of days of making small choices, and then one day it’s 365 days later and you’ve made insane progress. Celebrate how far you’ve come!

Hope this helps.

And lastly, thanks to this sub and everyone who contributes in it. I’ve posted many frustrations (on another account, obviously) and experiences that I’ve been able to talk through with all of you, and it has helped immensely. Thanks, losers. 💪

submitted by /u/forprogresspics
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EIAsFp

No comments:

Post a Comment