Wednesday, October 24, 2018

50 lbs down, halfway to goal, close to just being just overweight

Hello loseit! I really am more of a lurker and wasn't planning on making a whole post about myself, but I got a ton of compliments on a picture I posted on facebook recently and wanted to share with the sub that has helped me the most!

So I guess to kick things off, here are my before and current pics.

In the picture on the left, it's July 2017 and I think I'm probably at 230lbs (I'm 5'4", btw). This is a picture my dad took though, so I didn't see it until September 2018. Thank God. On the right, it's mid-October 2018 and I'm somewhere between 177-180lbs. I was also on vacation in Italy, eating gelato and not weighing myself.

Suffice it to say I've struggled with my weight since I was a teenager. I've lost a lot before, and always gained it back and then some. I'm changed by strategy a bit this time to hopefully actually get me to a healthy weight and make it long lasting, but only time will tell.

So here are some of the things I'm doing that may also help others:

- If you want to lose weight, truly figuring out your calories in vs. calories out is where its at. You may find sticking a set number of calories a day works for you, or you may find that intermittent fasting helps you naturally cut out calories you don't need. Whatever works for you.

- One of my previous weight loss bouts involved logging everything I ate and it worked, but as soon as I skipped a few days logging I fell right of the wagon and regained. So this weight loss attempt has largely been me trying to eat intuitively. I've been doing this long enough that I know how much (little) of my go to foods I should be eating, and somehow stopping the daily logs made me more accountable on a day to day basis. I still log here and there if I'm unsure or eating something new, but for the most part I'm trying to reinforce habits that I want to have with my forever, and daily logging is not one of them.

- I do plan to weigh myself everyday, for ever and ever, as my reality check. At the very least, no more ignorance.

- This is a huge milestone, but I'm taking this so slow. I think I was 13 the first time I heard 'it's not safe to lose more than 2 lbs per week' but from that point on almost every diet plan I saw was for losing at least 2 lbs per week. Even some of the CICO advice I see makes me feel like I should be striving to eat exactly 1200 calories, no more no less. That is not even close to what I want. Losing half a pound to a pound a week is good by me, if it stays off this time.

I didn't want this to be a wall of text but it certainly came out that way, didn't it? I still have plenty more to lose, although I don't know if I'll make it all the way to 130lbs. That's in the middle of my healthy BMI range and conveniently 100lbs down from my highest, but it still seems fantastical and unattainable to me. If anyone has any maintenance advice please share, it's the one piece of the puzzle I haven't been able to get!

submitted by /u/commaspace1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2O3vyly

No comments:

Post a Comment