Monday, October 1, 2018

[Progress] Weight loss takes dedication, hard work, and a solid plan.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Here's my weight last trend over the past year.

Here's a progress pic (240>192>170=70 Lbs)

Starting out

- No one is going to lose weight for you... you need to light a fire under your own a** and realize that it's only going to get worse if you don't be proactive about your eating and exercise habits.

- Make a plan. Stick to it. Make a plan for sticking to that plan. PLAN.

- Set a reasonable goal so that you won't get discouraged about attaining it. You can always raise the bar.

Calorie restriction (8/1/17-4/1/18)

- I always found myself hungry and wanting more, and I started to plateau HARD by February. I restricted my eating initially to 1800 kcal, then 1650 kcal, then 1500 kcal. This just wasn't sustainable and I searched for something that better suited me. After my due research, I also found that your body responds to restricted daily calorie intakes with multiple meals by reducing your metabolic rate. It was at this point in time that the discovery of the benefits of intermnittent fasting led me down a new and amazing path.

Fasting (4/1/18-10/1/18)

  1. Intermittent Fasting 16:8 (4/1/18-6/1/18) - This method is great for starting out on fasting. I found I was able to keep it under 1600 kcal if I was at least a little cognizant of how much I was in-taking. This method didn't fit me very well in the long run because I like to eat large meals.
  2. OMAD (6/1/18-8/15/18) - I cannot vouch for this diet enough. OMAD worked wonders for me, and really helped me get past a plateau and really kickstart my weight loss into high gear. If you stay hydrated, you hardly even get hungry after your body gets accustomed to this diet.
  3. ADF (8/15/18-10/1/18) - I LOVE IT. I can go from eating dinner on day 1 to lunch on day 3 no problem. It gives me mental clarity, I feel energized, and it works wonders for depression. I can eat like a fatass on my eating days, too, which is a great bonus.

Dr. Fung is a world-renown nutritionist who specializes in weight loss and intermittent fasting. This video shows why it works and why it is a great tool.

Exercise

- My routine varied GREATLY. At the beginning, I was doing 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week with light weight training. Towards the middle it was more like 45 mins of cardio 5 times a week with no to light weight training. At one period of nearly 3 months I went 7 times a week and did 1 hour of cardio, lifting weights (with no particular schedule) at moderate intensity 3-4 times a week. I also started working on my core in the past 2 months, doing sets of crunches, sit-ups, cherry pickers, planks, side planks, bicycle kicks, and push-ups.

Intermittent fasting has changed my life, and I am so grateful for communities like /r/intermittentfasting, /r/omad, and /r/fasting, and other communities that encourage and assist with lifestyle changes like /r/loseit, /r/Fitness, etc.

What I learned

- The hardest part of weight loss is silencing that inner voice that keeps telling you "I'm not good enough", or "it's too hard". You are your own worst enemy. You are the only thing preventing you from reaching your potential. It's not too late to start now.

Thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/BlackWhiteRedYellow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Iu3IOa

No comments:

Post a Comment