Monday, October 1, 2018

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone

I had the best day of 2018!

The place where I work is pretty toxic. My coworkers and supervisor have a history of being very disrespectful to each other and especially me. I’m introverted and quiet—- and extremely nice to others. In the past people have used this against me. A part me believes I let them get away with it because I believe I deserve it. But that all changed today.

Today I reached out to one of my coworkers and suggested a different course of action for our client and she was just awful to me on the phone. Yelling at me- telling me I don’t know her and I don’t what she needs. Just being completely nasty. In the past when my coworkers have been rude to me it’s more like sly underhanded mean comments- and I just take it- but this was crazy. I somehow kept my cool and said what I needed to say and calmly got off the phone with her.

As soon as I got off the phone -another one of my coworkers from a different team texted me asking if I was the other person on the other line of my coworkers phone call. She told me how shocked she was by how she was talking to me. (Apparently a lot of people had overheard the phone conversation- how embarrassing!)

I cried in my car and then I decided I was sick of this shit! I went into the office - found my coworker in the hallway and told her I needed to speak to her. Off the bat I told her, “I didn’t appreciate how you spoke to me on the phone.”

She said: “how was I speaking to you?”

I said: “ you were disrespectful and rude and I did not deserve that.”

She tried to accuse me of yelling and raising my voice. But I didn’t and I told her I didn’t because that’s not like me at all. She continued to try and justify her behavior but I stood my ground and finally she apologized to me..... several times. I advocated for my client and she gave in to my plans.

She then wanted us to hug it out.....but the whole time I was over the moon. I stood up for myself. Me non-confrontational me. I was finally tired of it. I think my self-worth is changing and I think a lot of it has to do with this weight loss. I have so much confidence now. And I’ve only lost ten pounds.

I wanted so badly to reward myself. I kept thinking about ice cream. Stopping at Dairy Queen on my way home but I didn’t. I went to yoga class instead and had a great time.

On my way out of the studio I saw that quote. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone! It really does.

submitted by /u/0liviathe0live
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zKoLcG

No comments:

Post a Comment