Monday, October 1, 2018

How steady was your weight loss? Wondering what realistic goals to set to myself.

Hey everyone,

I'm curious about what was the pace of your weight loss. Did you manage to lose weight at a steady pace pretty much the whole time? Or did you find losing weight much harder after a few months? Thanks for sharing!


For people wanting the whole story:

I'm almost 30 years old, and obese since now 10 years. I started my first real weight loss mission two months ago. Started at 105 kg (231 lbs), targeting 77 kg (170 lbs). Those first two months, I lost 6 kg (13 pounds), averaging 0.7 kg (1.4 lbs) a week.

I'm now trying to set intermediate goals to help me stay motivated. I think I can keep that 0.7 kg pace until the end of the year but not much more.

I did some little projections and here is what I came up with:

  • 8 weeks to go from 100 to 95 kg (11 lbs loss)
  • 10 weeks to go from 95 to 90 kg (11 lbs loss)
  • 14 weeks to go from 90 to 85 kg (11 lbs loss)
  • 16 weeks to go from 85 to 80 kg (11 lbs loss)
  • 9 weeks to go from 80 to 77 kg (11 lbs loss)

I guess all of this seems a bit weird and way too precise, but what do you know, as a web developer I'm used to estimating time and being plain wrong at the end. What do you think?

submitted by /u/Leimina
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Qjm1IC

No comments:

Post a Comment