Sunday, October 14, 2018

r/loseit changed my mind

A few years ago, I read the article that followed a season of A Biggest Loser contestants and measured their metabolism before and after weight loss. The results of this study confirmed what I intrinsically knew to be true - that my body was working against me. That weight loss for me was impossible. That I was fat, had always been fat, and would always be fat.

I discovered Reddit a few years later, and stumbled upon r/loseit . At first I read with mild disinterest, knowing deep in my heart of hearts that any weight loss experienced by these Redditors was fleeting. But then you told me about CICO. You told me about MyFitnessPal. You posted about weight loss and maintenance and lifestyle changes. You explained that of course diets don't work - but CICO does!

Well, here I am now. I have lost 78 pounds. I have come a long way, but I have a long way to go still. I never, ever, in a million and one years, ever thought that I would be able to lose 78 pounds. I never thought I could lose 10, or 15, and definitely not 50.

Now that I have lost 78, the next 22 don't look so difficult.

So thank you.

submitted by /u/Vnessa123456
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yErF0T

No comments:

Post a Comment