Sunday, October 14, 2018

SV: I'm FINALLY in ONEderland!

Throwaway account, because if I've learned one thing on this journey it's that sometimes it's best to keep weight loss victories to yourself. People suck.

I'm a 24 year old man. 6'4" / 193cm tall. My starting weight was 270lbs in January 2018. I weighed in today at 199.1lbs. I never thought I would see this happen.

I like to run or walk every day, depending on what time permits. I also track all of my calories on MyFitnessPal. I've gotten used to a pretty regimented diet of good things, but that took patience to build and I still have bad days (I love things dipped in ranch dressing - ugh.) The trick is consistency, and it's true when they say it's 80% diet and 20% exercise.

I ate 1600 calories for the first few months. In late May and early June I really plateaued for over a month, and was really scared. I went down to 1200 calories per day, and that got me right out of it. I know I'm a tall guy, but this worked for me!

I have been overweight since I was 11 - my highest weight was 320lbs when I was 16 years old. My parents were constantly frustrated and fighting about my weight. It was horrible, and I was bullied like crazy.

My life has been pretty much miserable up until the last year. Weight loss didn't solve all of my problems, for sure. But I've experienced dating and sex for the first time. I have so much more confidence. I actually care about my appearance - with my diet and exercise routine, I've adopted a much better hygiene routine. I have gained so much self confidence and I really have a sense of my own self worth. I really didn't care before because I didn't like myself. But now I do, and I feel like I have the power to change my own life. It's awesome.

The best thing was when I was finally able to get into Large shirts (I prefer Large Tall), and going from a 42" to a 36" waist in pants. I had been shopping in the gross big and tall section at my town's tiny mall for my entire life. It took a lot of practice to find out what looked good on me, and what I liked. I am actually really into my legs, so I bought some slim fit, low riding pants, and they look so good. Like I look at myself walking up to a door or past a reflective window, and I just think "wow." Not to brag - but I never thought I'd actually find myself attractive, let alone plain looking.

I will take a comparison photo in January, when it'll have been a year. I still have quite a bit of fat on my abdomen. My goal weight range is 175-190lbs. I'm finding that in ONEderland, though, losing 10lbs makes a huge difference - but when I was heavier, 10lbs didn't seem that substantial on the outside.

Seeing people I haven't seen since before January is crazy. I do look drastically different, and I NEVER thought I'd have a jawline. As a gay guy, I'm finally proud of the way I look and I have to say - I'd date me. hehehe

I'll answer questions in the comments if anyone has any!

submitted by /u/Weary_Dream
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NE69yR

No comments:

Post a Comment