Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Struggling with how to talk about massive weight loss

So in the past year I've lost ~95 lbs, which is obviously something that I worked very hard to do and am super proud of. But I guess I don't really know how to talk about it, particularly in regards to dating. I don't know when/if I should bring it up, or how I should bring it up. And also I struggle with talking about it without being shitty to the past version of myself. Because in a way it is embarrassing that I let my weight get so high that I even could lose 95 lbs, but also just because I was bigger before doesn't mean that I wasn't a person. Like, I don't know how to reconcile with that fact and it almost feels like an empty victory in a way, because it's something I shouldn't even have had to do in the first place. Any advice on how to approach this topic?

submitted by /u/smallsubs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Izvo4j

No comments:

Post a Comment