Tuesday, October 2, 2018

How to deal with weight-loss envy.

I feel so ugly for posting this ☹️

My friend and I decided to lose weight around the same time. We never talked about weight much or decided to be weight loss buddies or anything like that, it just so happened we got into a similar mindset around the same time.

I don’t know how much she weighs but it’s at least 60lbs more than me, so when I was the “thin” one I didn’t feel threatened... But she’s losing weight steadily and it’s showing, while my weight loss is frustratingly slow (1lbs every 2 weeks, if even that).

I want to be happy for my friend because I know how much her weight has affected her, whereas mine is a just a little extra chub. But every time I see her and she looks great I get such an ugly, jealous feeling and it’s making it so hard to be genuinely happy for her.

I have a history (10+ years ago) of disordered eating that became an ED when a friend and I basically encouraged anorexia and bulimia in each other. It was so damaging and I suspect this is why my competitive streak is in such overdrive but I don’t know how to make it go away.

My boyfriend is also on a weight loss journey and is doing great, and I feel nothing but happy for him. But for some reason when it comes to other women I become a raging jealous monster (although I of course hide it).

I’d love some advice. I don’t want to push my friend away by not being as supportive as I should be and I don’t want to be miserable with myself just because she’s doing well.

submitted by /u/PettyNotPretty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IylRuf

No comments:

Post a Comment