Wednesday, October 3, 2018

[SV] Finally lost significant weight, thanks to this sub.

I'm a 28 year old man, 193cm (6'4"). I've been overweight my whole adult life. Not massively, but I've never liked my body. I've always wanted to fix it, but thought that I just wasn't exercising enough. A bad breakup at the start of the year was the catalyst for a lot of changes in my life. Reading this sub finally drove it home: weight loss is 95% diet.

At the start of the year, I weighed around 101kg. Weight today: 87.6kg.

I credit 2 things for this progress: calorie counting, with a strict deficit (my daily target wad 1500kcal), finally made an impact. The second change was going vegan. It means that most of the food I eat now isn't as calorie-dense as before, and not being able to just grab a chocolate bar or a cake whenever I see one has meant I generally make healthier choices.

I'm not at my destination, but I've come a long way. This is the lightest I can ever remember being. I didn't become vegan for weight loss reasons, but it sure helped. Thank you to this community for always being so positive, and for giving the correct advice.

submitted by /u/cant_b_arsed
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2O3ut27

No comments:

Post a Comment