Wednesday, October 3, 2018

The scale isn't moving

February 2018 I'm 265 lbs at 6'2. Bought an elliptical and use it 5 days a week. I'm eating 1500 cals a day but the scale won't move. Maybe it was the donut I had at work when somebody brought a box in. I'm so useless. Why don't I have the willpower to lose weight?

March 2018 I'm at 255 lbs. All this work Ive been putting in is useless. We had pizza day and I couldn't help myself to a few slices. It's bad for me but I can save my lunch for tomorrow. Saves me some money in the long run.

June 8 2018 I'm at 230lbs. I still look awful in the mirror. I use my elliptical an hour every day after work but this weight just won't come off. Why do I even bother.

August 2018 I'm 210 lbs. That guy I visit at work has a bowl of toffee and I eat three or four every day. Is that why I'm not losing weight? I need to stop being so impulsive. I'm never gonna lose weight this way.

October 2018 I'm 195 lbs. Gee, what I'm doing might actually be working. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I've lost 70lbs in 9 months. I'm no longer losing as much weight as I was but I'm so close to my target weight that it should be expected...

Aside from the start and end my weight loss isn't 100% accurate but I'm trying to make a point

Every day I stepped on the scale, and 95% of those days I was disappointed at my lack of progress. I thought it was my weakness and lack of willpower every single time. But the results speak for themselves. I've done 1hr on the elliptical 5 days a week for about 9 months. My job varies from very active to very little activity. But I've still averaged about 2lbs a week. I also work 12 hr days.

When people say weight loss is not linear it's 100% true. Some days you'll eat under your TDEE, work out a ton, and weight 3-4lbs more than you did that morning, or even that week. Have faith that if you're honest with your food intake and doing the work, the rest will come.

I've been frustrated on the scale almost every day, but the results speak for themselves. You WILL lose that weight. But you gotta do the work

submitted by /u/omnicorp_intl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xWZpXP

No comments:

Post a Comment