Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Don't set unattainable goals

I was over weight for most my life, starting from age 6 and lasting until I turned 17, and I hit 280 lbs as a 5'11 man. I knew I had to make a change, but I also knew that if I told myself that I had to lose it all in a certain time frame, or that I had to lose a certain amount, it would all become too much for me and I would panic, which would inevitably end in me eating away my feelings and giving up for another 6 months, where I would again repeat this process. So the time it finally worked, all I told myself was, "I'm gonna go on a walk today. I don't care about the number on the scale or my diet, I'm just gonna go on a walk". And I did. No plan, no real idea of what I wanted, just a simple walk. And you know what? It was nice, and very relaxing. So I kept doing it. And those walks turned in to walking/jogging when I could, and occasionally biking as well. That turned in to full on jogs with no rest. Which, after 6 months, has turned in to me jogging 4 miles a day. And by the end of my first year of weight loss, I was jogging 7 miles a day, 6 days a week, like it was nothing and my weight was down to 200 pounds. 8 months of the same effort, and adding in a little weight lifting and I am now down to 165 pounds which is where I have stayed for 2 years now. Don't be hard on yourself, it takes time. And don't make weight loss a bigger monster than it really is. Just say, "today, I'm gonna go on a walk", and you will be surprised by what you can do over time.

submitted by /u/Gingersouless123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xT7Int

No comments:

Post a Comment