Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Tried everything and had no success. Cannot keep discipline as always hungry. What way of eating would be best for me?

I've tried every diet imaginable (meal replacements, keto, WFPB, high carb low fat, DASH, IF etc), but ultimately I fail after a week or less - mainly due to "feeling hungry" and giving in. It's a real deal breaker for me - I know I won't feel full or satisfied if I'm dieting, but I at least want to feel like I've eaten.

I have a pretty addictive personality - in that I am all or nothing. I can't simply lower my daily intake by 100-200 kcals per day - if I'm dieting I have to drop to around 1200-1300kcals. This has worked for me in the past, but the older I get the harder it is for me to keep discipline.

I've narrowed it down to four ways of eating, but all have their positives and negatives, so was hoping someone could help and suggest which would be better for me, taking into account my need for satisfaction.

Option 1: Keto

Positives - never hungry, quick weight loss, enjoyable foods to eat

Negatives - concerned about the health implications of eating so much cholesterol (and saturated fats), can be expensive, involves lots of cooking and food prep

Option 2: Whole food plant based (high carb/low fat)

Positives - 'Healthy', cheaper than other diets

Negatives - Unsatisfying, most plant based foods from supermarkets contain lots of industrial oils so would have to take a lot of time preparing foods, I don't like legumes

Option 3: Calories In, Calories Out/Eat What I Like

Positives: Eat what I like (within reason), wider choice of food, won't get bored, satisfying

Negatives: Not as 'healthy' as WFPB, effectively the Standard American Diet

Option 4: High carb, low fat

Positives: Not as restrictive as WFPB, can eat meat/dairy (if low fat). Wider variety/choice of food.

Negatives: Perhaps still restrictive.

Any comments/suggestions?

Personally I'm swayed towards either keto (due to the satisfaction), or CICO and eating what I like again due to satisfaction. But with both, I have big reservations over whether they are 'good' for me, especially keto.

Please don't suggest "eat whatever way works for you" - I've tried everything, and put equal importance to both satisfaction and health. It's just a shame that there isn't more positive evidence in favour of keto.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/bachus2015
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Pwxuo4

No comments:

Post a Comment