Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Weight Envy Intensifies

The intensification of weight envy has been a development ever since I hit my initial goal weight of 175. Yes, I looked thinner and people commented and complimented me about it, but I still didn't feel like what I felt I should look like in my imagination.

Of course weight envy is a common thing among people. But it didn't bother me as much when I was fatter. I suppose it's because back then weight loss seemed so unattainable and elusive. But once I started losing, I began constantly comparing how I looked vs. those who were at a normal weight. Heaven forbid if someone with similar stats to mine posts a progress pic. "He's around my age and height, how come his face is so much thinner?" or "Hey, this guy weighs more than I do but seems to hold it better?!" I understand it has much to do with genetics and fitness and whatnot, and I tell myself that, but the weight envy lingers. I suppose it isn't even weight envy, more like appearance envy.

Anyone else dealing with this?

submitted by /u/SuperImmunityIdol
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2C7C2gU

No comments:

Post a Comment