Sunday, October 21, 2018

Weight loss plateau and affects on mental health

This is going to be a long one so please bare with me.

Around January I was close to 220 lbs. Being a 5 ft 7 male that means close to 40% body fat if not more. When I would sit, I wouldn’t be able to see my thighs and could barely get out of bed after 8+ hours of sleep.

Things had to change and it did. I was going to the gym weight lifting 6 days a week, eating around 1500 calories a day and rarely had any binge eating patterns.

This resulted in 50 lbs of weight loss, the most I have ever achieved in my life and one of my biggest accomplishments. Weight loss was going good. Slowly losing about 2 lbs a week, everything was going well. Until it didn’t.

See I started doing boxing and as you may know you burn atleast 400 calories every class. So I thought “hey! If I still eat 1500 calories plus gym AND boxing I’ll definitely loss weight faster!”. I wanted to lose another 20-25 lbs to reach my goal of 75 lbs loss 215-145. A week went by, no weight loss. A month same result. 2 months SAME RESULT.

The issue was I was a mixture of not eating enough which resulted in lack of energy which in turn affected all aspects of my life. I started going to the gym less and did boxing more which resulted in a sorta skinny fat person. I’m glad to say I am no longer that.

See although I lost 50 lbs, i would look at myself in the mirror and see that same big bear in the mirror. I wouldn’t see how much my love handles shrunk or that my jacket fits me again. I just saw that I was way to big and shouldn’t have eaten any more than 1500 calories.

I now realize that I need to eat MORE to balance my lifestyle as I now plan to fight in the ring in the next few months. I aim to eat somewhere between 2000-2200 calories a day to maintain my lifestyle of training, school and work.

Sorry for the rambling but I just wanted to share what I know a lot of us in r/loseit are going through. Love yourself, give yourself credit for what you have gone through and keep going. Those last few pounds may seem impossible but I promise you it will come to pass. If am doing, you best believe you can to! Please don’t get stuck in the mindset of “eating less is always good” because it’s not! It will only make it harder to lose it!

Thank you so much for reading this. Much ❤️ and always keep chasing.

submitted by /u/FAT-appIe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AlMksK

No comments:

Post a Comment