Friday, November 9, 2018

30 pounds down... SW: 195 G1W:175 G2W: 165 CW: 164.6

Starting in the beginning of August:

Starting Weight: 195 Pounds

Height: 5'2 Age: 36

First goal: 10% of my weight, so about 20 pounds to 175 pounds.

Second goal (set by a different doctor): 165 pounds.

Triglycerides and liver numbers were high and very outside of normal ranges; these were the main reasons for the need to lose weight. Because of the various numbers, and having a family history of liver issues, my gastro doctor referred me to the hospital’s medical weight loss clinic.

This has been the most difficult thing I have done, but I do feel it has been worth it. The clinic started me on 1500-1800 calories a day diet, with moderate protein and lower carb. After losing 9 pounds, they changed the diet around, and this was the hardest part of adjust to. I’ve had digestive issues since I was born and as a result, eating is my least favorite thing to do. I can’t eat certain things. I have to maintain a low fat and clean cooking method diet due to my condition, so most of my intake was carbs. The new change had me limit my carb intake to 160g and my protein intake to 120g. Eventually, after getting used to it, I continued to lose weight. I feel mentally this was the biggest hurdle I had to overcome.

After losing more weight, they changed the diet again. This time 1400 calories per day, with 40% carb, 30% protein. When this change came into play, I found it was much harder to keep to the percentages and the calorie in take at the same time. Asking the clinic nutritionists didn’t provide me good insight as to what to do. So I made an executive decision. I adjusted my diet to stay at 1400 calories, but adjusted the carb level to 45% and protein to 35% (the closest %'s to the 160g carbs, 120g protein). With the new %’s, I was closer able to hit 1400 calories, and I was able to continue to lose weight. Prior to the % change on the 1400 calories, I had plateaued.

Throughout this process, I was not alone; my fiancee helped. She helped with preparing lower carb meals, meal prepping in general (going out for food has always been an adventure), or listing out any ingredients and their upc codes so I could save them into myfitnesspal/loseit apps. Her help allowed the various transitions throughout the diet to be easier on me. I am extremely grateful to her for the help and she is well aware of it.

Somewhere between the first and second goal, I retook the test to check triglycerides and liver numbers, and those numbers dropped more than half and fully returned to normal levels.

As of today, I surpassed my second goal weight. It’s not the end though. I need to maintain a healthy weight. I don’t want those numbers don’t go back up. there are some other personal health goals I want to achieve. Long term, I plan on achieving them.

Thanks for reading,

-B

Photos: time comparison photos

submitted by /u/brsafford
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JSpr3g

No comments:

Post a Comment