Monday, November 5, 2018

37M 5'11 SW:241 CW:179 - Dealing with low energy levels and prolonged illnesses after extended caloric deficit (and transiting from weight loss to maintainence/recomposition)

So I've been successfully losing weight with CICO and exercise since January 1st of this year. So far I've lost 62 pounds and I've really loved the process and especially getting back into running/hiking and being more active. Thank you r/loseit!

However, I've had the worst fall in years for getting sick. I work in a health center at a big University (and I also travel for work) so it's standard to get what's going around, but this year I've had probably three bouts of the cold since August and one bout of the flu in October. The flu wasn't as bad as it could have been because I'd had the shot but following it I just can't seem to get my energy back and I'm tired all the time, don't have the energy to run or do strength training, etc. I've also lost a lot of strength I think.

I have an 8 day camping and hiking trip to Zion and Grand Canyon planned for the end of November and I'm starting to get anxious I won't be up to it. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I just cut my calorie deficit down (previously I was aiming for 1600->1900/day) and am now eating more like 2400/day and I'm hoping that will help. I'm probably close to my goal weight and aside from still having a bit of a belly I'm ready to start putting on muscle and am considering what to do with my calories following this trip. I'm sort of thinking of keeping a slight deficit because I still have a lot of fat and below average muscle so I should be able to gain some strength while still keeping a small deficit.

Thoughts?

Sorry if this was rambling. Lots to think about! And thank you to this community for being so inspiring over the past 11 months!

submitted by /u/_Cranklin_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PeoRCE

No comments:

Post a Comment