Monday, November 5, 2018

Feel like I have to start all over again.

So in the 2nd half of 2017, I was able to lose about 30 lbs (for context: I'm a female who stands at 5'5". During this time I went from 220->190lbs). I kept this weight off for about a year, until I came away to grad school.

My eating has spiraled out of control, due to there being very convenient sources of snacks surround me constantly. (I live across from 7/11 currently, and about 2 mins from a McDonalds. As a result of severely poor eating habits and calorie spikes, I've gained back about 10 of the pounds that I lost a year ago.

The confidence that I had while looking at myself during that year has faded, and turned to disgust. I can see every place on my body where those 10 pounds have distributed to, and I feel absolutely awful that I allowed this to happen. My face has ballooned up, and I've been living in an oversized sweatshirt to hide my stomach.

I've started (within the last 48 hours...have to start somewhere) to try and get things back on track. Counting calories once again, and trying the whole intermittent fasting thing.

It's so hard to commit to change at the start, before you get any results. Once you start to see weight coming off, it's easier to feel motivated to keep it up. But right now I'm at the beginning phase and I feel so hopeless and ugly.

Has anyone else experienced relapses in their weight loss journey that left them feeling this way? What did you do to overcome it, and more importantly, how did you stay mentally well during this time and fight feelings of self hatred? I could really use some anecdotal tips and motivation right now.

submitted by /u/cschaefer13
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DokmyZ

No comments:

Post a Comment