Monday, November 5, 2018

How can I defeat my scale obsession?

I’m 29F, 162cm (5’3”) and 77.3kg (170lbs). I’ve been on and off the weight loss wagon for 10 years. The best I ever got down to was 53kg. The biggest was somewhere above the 95kg mark.

One of my biggest issues is the ever present urge to weigh myself. When I don’t like the number on the scale I immediately lose all of my motivation and often I just throw in the towel. I’m trying to hold myself to a once a week early morning weigh in so I don’t get discouraged. But I still get this devastating urge to weigh myself at any time of day. I can drink a few litres of water, eat dinner and then want to weigh myself. Of course I know logically the number is going to be bigger than in the morning but I still get frustrated when it is. Then I binge!

I’m wondering if anyone else has this same urge to weigh and then a defeatist attitude when their numbers are up? If so please tell me how you manage it?

Also, sorry for the formatting, I’m on mobile.

TLDR: can’t stop weighing myself and giving up when the numbers are bad.

submitted by /u/katebnb
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Pe7cLm

No comments:

Post a Comment