Wednesday, November 14, 2018

A first on my weight loss journey

This week, I had to stay overnight in London for work. The hotel I was staying at had the most terrible room service menu (and I’m not brave enough to go out to eat alone) so I walked to a local supermarket and bought houmous, carrots, celery, olives, etc, and had hotel room tapas. Although it was the healthiest option I could find that didn’t need cooking or cutlery, it still took me over my CICO target. The next day, a colleague who is leaving invited me out to her farewell lunch at a pizza place. I stressed over the menu for ages before eventually just ordering a marguerita. I only ate half, but again, I went over my CICO limit for the day. I was so angry with myself for my lack of willpower, but then I thought about it some more and reminded myself that I’m in this for the long haul. I haven’t gone above my CICO target in three months; two days isn’t going to undo all my hard work. Life will always happen and it won’t always be possible to manage my calories as strictly as I’d like to. The important thing is that I chose relatively healthily and didn’t use it as an opportunity to binge eat. I just thought you guys would understand where I’m coming from.

submitted by /u/quietdani
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2K5zBgT

No comments:

Post a Comment