Saturday, November 24, 2018

Few weeks in, figured out how to make signature meals vegan friendly, managing to stay away from junk food.

I know people had hang ups when I first posted on this forum saying that I was going to do a weight loss plan via a weight loss clinic, but so far I've lost a little over 11lbs and still going down.

I've noticed that I've stopped craving junk food as much as I used to, and I'm able to completely turn down junk food for the most part (though I'm going to be completely honest and say that I have broken a rare few times and had some unhealthy food, but I don't see it as a huge problem because I'm not beating myself up over it, and I wasn't binge eating junk food when I did it either), and I've started to find ways to cook certain meals in a vegan/vegetarian way. Like I've made kale pesto with turnip noodles, I've made spaghetti with green lentil noodles instead of the normal whole wheat ones I used to eat, and who knew how good spaghetti sauce can be when you make it from scratch yourself?

I don't know about anyone else, but the one thing I'm discovering about myself along this journey to better health is how much i actually love to cook. And it's not like i didn't like cooking before, but before now i just hated having to deal with any kind of raw meat. But now that I'm mostly dealing in a plant based diet, I love seeing how much I can do with just veggies.

I think the further I go along with bettering my health, the better it is that I'm getting with cooking and it's making me happy that everyone around me can see the results. I used to be real close to 300lbs and now I'm closer to 200lbs, which is my first checkpoint on my way to 165lbs.

Here's to a few more weeks of progress! Now I just gotta push myself to exercise more than I do, haha.

submitted by /u/EunieInThePit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2POMpOV

No comments:

Post a Comment