Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Gained back 30lbs after major weight loss - Need advice!

My Before & After

Years ago I worked my ass off (literally) to go from 285lbs down to 160lbs. I maintained that weight for about three years with no issue. Then I was prescribed Risperidone, and I gained 30-40lbs in six weeks. My doctor told me that Risperidone is notorious for weight gain, because it lowers your metabolism drastically rather than just increasing your appetite.

I don’t fit in my clothes anymore, I feel awful and very self conscious. I worked so hard to lose all that weight and keep it off, then suddenly I’m back to 200lbs in less than two months.

I have been trying to restrict my calories even more than usual and increasing my exercise, but I cannot seem to lose even a single pound. With my extra work and fewer calories, I’m only able to maintain my heavier weight and stop the scale from climbing.

Has anyone else gone through this? How do you compete with medication? My only goal is to get back into my clothes, to lose about 30lbs.

I’m 5’ 4”, I consume about 1200 calories a day or less, and moderately exercise when I’m able to (3-4 times a week).

If anyone has any advice, tips, or even just some motivation, I would greatly appreciate it. My doctor basically shrugged his shoulders and didn’t offer me very much help or guidance to lose the weight I’ve gained back.

submitted by /u/SelkieSethe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FxMCkB

No comments:

Post a Comment