Thursday, November 15, 2018

Guidance need in losing weight.

So a little background, I started going to a personal trainer last July when I realized that I weighed 397lbs, a full 50 lbs over where I thought I was. My diet was really consisted of 1-2 meals a day of not the best food. So I've been working with him regularly and I'm stronger than I've ever been (even when I played football in high school!), but the weight still isn't coming off. In addition to going to gym 2x a week with him, I walk my dog 4 miles a day and study filipino martial arts.

So I made an appointment through my insurance to meet with a nutritionist and he gave me a 2200-2500 calorie a day guideline to work with. And working with that, I was able to lose 10 lbs last month between doctors appointments (yay me!).

But the last couple weeks, I've been stuck in the 365 range. I want to be more serious about my food intake and calorie counting, so I can lose weight more consistently (but still safely), so I started lurking this sub where I learned about the app Lose It and BMR and TDEE.

Lose It put me on 2900 calories a day and when I calculated out my BMR it came to 2726 and my BMR 4158.

So my questions are (and thank you in advance for anyone that can help me make sense of all of this)

  1. Am I being unrealistic in expecting more of a weight loss, while at the same time doing so much weight lifting and HIIT?
  2. Should I aim for the 2900 a day budget Lose It gave me, or should I aim for under that? And how does the exercise bonus factor into this?
  3. I have the hardest time eating 2900 calories a day. What are some ways to bump up my calorie count healthily?
submitted by /u/makochile
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DpKF7p

No comments:

Post a Comment