Monday, November 19, 2018

Having a Hard Time With Calorie Restriction

Hi all! Longtime lurker but first time poster here. I’ve wanted to rekindle my weight loss journey and the first thing I need to do is change the way I eat. I’ve heard some success restricting calories before but never long term. I am a fairly small girl (5’1) and have a relatively low tdee/bmr so finding three square meals and snacks that fit into that is hard and I’m hoping you guys might have ideas.

My tdee is ~1800 and my bmr is ~1500. Right now I am 30 years old, 5’1 and weigh 190 pounds. I track everything using my fitness pal.

I’ve aimed for 1200 calories a day before and it was hard. This time I’m aiming for 1300-1400 but am still having trouble achieving that. My boyfriend and I subscribe to a dinner kit delivery service that ships us farm to table ingredients with recipes for fresh home cooked meals that we eat for dinner. Most dinners are around 750 calories (they provide a detailed macro/nutritional breakdown) so already half my day. I also started taking it for lunch too but recently stopped because i was only eating lunch and dinner and everything else was over on my calories.

I’m having trouble coming up with breakfasts, snacks, and lunches that fit in with this. I also plan to start working out more often, starting slowly with 30 mins 3 times a week. I am very out of shape and have had a sedentary job for 5 or 6 years.

I know I’m facing a lot of challenges but I’m very motivated! What can I do to eat within my caloric limits? Is this too few calories for me right now? Should I cut the dinner service or just limit my portion of it?

Thank you so much in advance!

submitted by /u/nerdybird88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zjgUlM

No comments:

Post a Comment