Monday, November 12, 2018

How can I (31F) help my husband (30M) understand the difference between eating till he’s no longer hungry and eating till he’s stuffed?

My husband (and I) have gained a lot of weight in the 8 years we’ve been together. We have 2 children now and want to not only lose weight for ourselves, but we want to set a good example for our children. I’ve been on the weight loss journey before and was doing well until a series of health problems set me back into old bad habits, but I know and understand how to eat so I’m satisfied and no longer hungry, and don’t overeat. My husband played football in high school, so he could eat as much as he wanted and whatever he wanted and never had to worry about gaining because he was working out constantly. Once he was done with football, his eating habits didn’t change even though he came to a dead stop working out. So he gained weight and pretty quickly. He thinks that in order to no longer be hungry, he has to feel stuffed to the brim. I tried explaining to him that that’s not how it works but he doesn’t seem to get it. His idea of a filling meal is 2-3 servings worth of food on his plate, and sometimes he wants seconds because he’s still “hungry”. Then he can’t move because he’s so full. He just can’t seem to understand that that’s not normal.

submitted by /u/witcher_woman
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RP0lEX

No comments:

Post a Comment