Tuesday, November 20, 2018

How did nobody notice how big I was?

So I've been dealing with some frustration recently about people not seeming to notice my weight loss. I started loosely tracking calories around August 2017 (emphasis on loosely), and really doubled down and started taking it really seriously this summer. I don't have an exact reference for how long it's taken me to lose since the beginning was such slow and sometimes nonexistent progress, but I know that I started out at approximately 220lbs. As of this morning, I've lost 48lbs and weighed in at 171.2lbs.

This has been the hardest and most rewarding thing I've done, and I've completely changed my relationship with food and my body in the process. Most days I'm really proud of myself even though I know how much farther I still have to go. But nobody in my life has said anything about my weight loss, and it's driving me a little crazy! I know it takes longer for them to notice than it did for me, but I feel like I look so different and have lost multiple clothing sizes.

I was discussing my frustration with this with my therapist a week or so ago, and she said that if I hadn't told her how much I lost, she would have thought I lost around 10 pounds, and when I mentioned this to one of my good friends she said she felt the same way. I'm purely baffled by this - I guess I should be happy that nobody seemed to see me as being as fat as I was, but it's really cramping my style that that means I'm not getting any outside encouragement or congratulations, and it's making me doubt whether the changes I think I'm seeing in the mirror are something I'm fabricating to make myself feel like I'm making progress.

I don't know what I'm looking for with this post, maybe commiseration, or assurance that that will change as I continue to lose? Basically I want to know if anyone else has experienced this, or if there's a reason that I'm getting those comments. Help??

submitted by /u/Monstersofusall
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OSMmfv

No comments:

Post a Comment