Sunday, November 11, 2018

How do I get over my fear of gaining weight back?

I’m a 22-years-old female, starting weight was 230+ pounds, currently hovering around 165 pounds. I’ve been ‘maintaining’ for awhile now, fallen off the wagon if you will. I’m not at my goal weight, but a hell of a lot closer than I once was. Just needed a break.

I’ve always struggled with anemia, but recently I noticed I was out of breath with tasks as simple as climbing a flight of stairs. I’m not the most athletically fit person, but this was unusual for me. After some deduction, I realized that my menstrual cycle was far too heavy and the likely culprit of my low iron levels.

I saw my doctor, who recommended a couple different forms of birth control. She said we really had to “turn my periods off” for a few months, so we could catch up. She said she knew I wouldn’t like a lot of my options, but I was at the point where I didn’t have much of a choice.

She really wanted to try Depo-Provera, a birth control shot that lasts three months. She thinks that it would be my best option. She did warn me that it can cause weight gain. I told her about my history (I hadn’t seen her before my weight loss) and how I was especially apprehensive. She was agreeable, but still recommended it as my best option.

As of now, we agreed to try oral birth control pills, but she doesn’t think I should be on them long, as she doesn’t think it will be my best solution.

How do you guys get over the fear of weight gain? All this hard work down the drain. I know I have to put my health first and ultimately will accept it if I have to, I’m just having a hard time getting there.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/meg-c
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Qz6eG9

No comments:

Post a Comment