Sunday, November 11, 2018

The beauty of measuring weight loss in more than one way...

I gained a pound since my last weigh-in, but I've also been extremely bloated and had a few drinks the other night at the urging of my boyfriend (I did count them, but drunk snacking made me go over calorie-goal by about 500 calories)... So it was to be expected that the scale would go up. Plus I'm due for my period in a couple days, which has always shown a weight increase on the scale for me historically.

I was still feeling really bummed.

I am so happy today that I decided to take measurements. I took my first measurements the day before Halloween, so it's been a little under two weeks. Well, I took them again today after seeing the sadness on the scale and... I've lost inches EVERYWHERE except for my thighs! And the kicker, I lost THREE inches on the smallest part of my waist, and TWO inches on my mid- and lower- waist AND hips. I didn't wear a bra while I did the first time, so not judging chest losses, but everywhere else showed inches lost. Arms, calves, waist, hips, even my neck (what?!).

I am feeling much more motivated and like the gym is making a bigger difference than I realized. Things are getting tighter, I'm getting stronger, my body is getting smaller (even if not lighter at the moment, lol), my endurance is better...

Seeing those inches lost was exactly what I needed to get through my little scale upset this morning.

If you are trying to lose a lot of weight like I am and haven't taken any measurements... I highly recommend you start!

I'm very glad I did.

submitted by /u/ohhokays
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RIx0w2

No comments:

Post a Comment