Friday, November 2, 2018

How to best use my employer's wellness plan to buy fitness equipment while I work from home?

Hey guys, I am not even sure if this is the right sub to post. Apologies if it isnt.

I recently accepted a job that allows me to work from home for most of the time. I have been stable at my weight for the first month but I can see the upward trend in my weight. As part of the benefits, the employer provides funds ($350) to use for health and wellness - covers gym memberships, bike, gadgets like fitbit and anything related to fitness/losing weight - weight loss programs. I am lost as I am unable to make the best use of my benefits.

The nearest gym is useless and would be a waste of time and money to go there. I already have a fitbit , free weights and a bicycle that I use very well and do not need to be replaced anytime soon. I am not sure I want to purchase big equipment like a treadmill or a stationary bike as space is really an issue (had to use my guest room as my home office).

I would like to make the best of the benefits but I honestly cannot find a good option (s). My current weight is 250 lbs and I want to lose 20-30 lbs. I started at 265 lbs and been fluctuating between 245-250 for a while now. I am trying to control my diet but I know that the low physical activity has contributed to my recent weight gain as well.

Has anyone experienced something similar - working from home and trying to lose weight/trying to be healthy? I would like suggestions and advice on how to be healthy and how to make the best use of the benefits?

submitted by /u/TA010122
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2P7tSgo

No comments:

Post a Comment