Saturday, November 10, 2018

How to deal with comments from immediate family about looking "too thin"

I'm having trouble dealing with comments from my family about my weight loss. I know they come from a place of care and concern, but they are starting to affect me emotionally.

I'm a busy person and I've basically just adopted the habit of stopping snacking. I counted my calories, learned about how weight loss worked and lost some pounds. I am 5'4" and went from 118 lbs to 110/111 lbs so it is moderately noticeable on my frame. I've done blood work and everything is fine. Every time I see my family I get asked if I'm eating enough, I get told I need to put some mass on, that if I get any thinner my organs will stop working, and it is starting to get to my head. I feel like I look healthy and feel healthy. However, these comments make me question whether I look emaciated or something. I've questioned getting back up to 115 lbs, but I'm not sure if this is just a developing insecurity from the comments.

My family consists of people who are thin, so this isn't one of those things where everyone is overweight and a healthy and/or slim body is something rare and so it looks more dramatic. My family members are all very fit and slim, so this leaves me questioning whether I need to make some changes or if they are just being paranoid.

submitted by /u/ArabellaEllaEh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AY4j8X

No comments:

Post a Comment