Saturday, November 10, 2018

SV? More like life victory. Thank you r/loseit

Firstly, please remove this post if i've messed it up accidentally, just as I had been under the impression that I had somehow 'accidentally' made it to 81kg (178lbs) by my 22nd year (portion control and I did not see eye to eye). I thought I was succeeding to be healthier and lose weight for years, eating vegetables and drinking vodka (rather than sugary premixes) and steering clear of wheat and dairy due to IBS (still sadly a non-negotiable).

Thirty days ago, feeling heavy and unhappy, I saw an r/loseit post make it to r/all. Rather cynically, I checked the sidebar information and questioned how someone could sanely count calories. Thirty days later, I am counting calories daily - I have become one of the 'crazy' people that I used to shake my head at. Why? Because at 8kg lighter (-17lbs) I can see that I can eat what I want (within my calorie limit) and still lose weight. Because now I am "no longer "bulimic (30 days of not forcing myself to throw up 'bad' foods, even though I accept this illness will be a continual burden), and I believe I am on my way to mending my relationship with food (as well as my body).

Overall, spending 5 mins a day to input my food into myfitnesspal has already put me in a better mental and physical state. Funnily enough, my IBS has not flared up the entire time, which was almost unfathomable to me thirty days ago. Also, for anyone out there justifying their bulimia - please seek help. You deserve to have peace. I've still got some way to go with my weight loss, but I feel free knowing this change is more of a longterm lifestyle one that can only make me healthier. Good luck!

submitted by /u/beady_chi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QACNna

No comments:

Post a Comment