Monday, November 19, 2018

I lost the weight but now my hair is suffering horribly. I don’t know if I am being unrealistic in assuming this is from my weight loss.

I am 24 F, I’m 5’0. My current weight is 105lbs, and my starting was 150lbs. My weight loss started in April 2017. I also went vegan.

This past July 2018, I noticed how thin my hair had gotten. It’s not falling out in clumps, but it sheds an excessive amount anytime I brush it, wash, run my hands through it, etc. Pinpointing with pictures when the thinning began is difficult, I don’t have many to reference with because I don’t like my photo taken. I can definitely see though that in the photos I took the day I started my weight loss journey that my hair looks MUCH fuller. I can also see in some other photos taken late 2017 that it does start to look a bit thin, but nothing too terrible. I also remember around this time in late 2017 thinking how about thin my ponytail was getting, but I guess it wasn’t enough to make me too concerned. Now I don’t even wear my hair in a ponytail because of how thin it is..I have about half the hair I used to now, and I don’t really see it growing back in.

A quick breakdown of my weight loss:

April 2017: 150lbs

July 2017: 125lbs

November 2017: 115lbs

February 2018: 108lbs

February 2018 - Today: Bouncing around between 105-109. Currently 105 again.

One major thing is I have been very bad with is not paying attention to macros, and focusing more so on calories. Because of this, I believe I may have been lacking protein from also going vegan. I estimate on average I was probably hitting ~20-25g. I don’t know if this is enough to prevent hair from growing back in. I have since been striving to hit ~40g a day.

I have had blood tests ran. Thyroid and hormones seem fine. Only vitamin D was deficient but I have been taking a supplement now for 3 months. B12 and iron levels are fine.

submitted by /u/microwavemyface
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QVF4tn

No comments:

Post a Comment