Wednesday, November 14, 2018

I may have fallen off the wagon but that doesn’t mean my journey is over

March 2017 I started my weight loss journey. Over the next year and three months I lost 60 lbs. Then life happened. I started getting lazy with tracking. My mental health declined to the point where I was hospitalized for two weeks and in partial hospitalization programs for over a month. The only meds I can be on now are known for weight gain. I lost my job. My marriage is rocky. So here I am, 6 months after my last weigh in and I gained around 20 lbs. I can’t believe it happened again. I still managed to keep off a decent amount of weight but I’m disappointed in myself for getting back there. However, as I looked at the scale, I realized my journey isn’t over yet. I was able to bring down the weight before and I can do it again. I still have a longgggg way to go even once I hit my most recent low, but I still have hope. I need to take care of myself. I let my mental health drag me down but I can’t help but think that if I took better care of my body, my mental health may improve some. It is possible. I may need some words of inspiration and such to keep me going, but as I look at the scale today, I’m not a wreck.

submitted by /u/walking_cliche_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q1bOUE

No comments:

Post a Comment