Thursday, November 8, 2018

I wanted to share my first victory.

Today is day 2 of my latest attempt to lose weight. I'm doing some things differently this time, and hoping it makes a difference.

My first victory is that yesterday was a perfect day.

I started by doing something I've never really tried before, I meditated. I sat down in the middle of the floor after I got out of the shower, and I just meditated and envisioned what a successful day would be like. It wasn't all about weight loss and eating right, I included stuff that was work and home related as well, giving myself like a mental checklist of things I wanted to get done. I pictured myself eating healthy meals and snacks, staying within my calories, and not being tempted by sweets.

It seems to have worked, as yesterday, my first day back at it, I had a perfect day. For this first time in as long as I can remember I didn't eat a single piece of candy (which is saying something, as there are bowls of halloween candy all around the office and at my house). I turned down donuts at the morning meeting. I didn't do my usually snacking while I waited for dinner to be ready, and I had an apple for dessert instead of the pie that I wasn't expecting to be there when I got home from work.

I also checked off all the tasks I'd set for myself at home and work as well.

It was a good day. And I went to bed feeling really effing good about myself.

I woke up this morning feeling really energized and awake. I got up early, took extra time getting ready and feeling good about myself, and took the time to meditate again today, picturing healthy eating habits, productive work habits, and good habits for taking care of myself.

I've also developed a kind of mantra. I say to myself "I am stronger than I think, and Food does not control me." and I say it whenever I get the urge at the usual times to go get a snack.

Lastly, I got some sugar free, whitening gum that I have been chewing between meals. It keeps my mouth busy, and makes my mouth taste fresh and clean which makes me not want to make it dirty with food.

Other times I've tried to lose weight I've started off feeling very excited, determined, on fire, and sure I'd succeed. I think this time I will because it feels different. It's actually not as strong, it's not a bright burning determination and almost crazed desire to succeed I usually get. It's more of a cold fire, of a focused and controlled slow burn. I think I've got the staying power I haven't had in my last desperate attempts.

Thanks for reading. :) I think part of the success is the lots of support I got on my post yesterday. So thank you.

submitted by /u/Lorespinner
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Dx9Qpk

No comments:

Post a Comment