Thursday, November 8, 2018

I’ve lost 55 lbs in a little under six months, yet my advice to a friend seems to mean nothing.

Hey there, guys. So a bit of back story, I started CICO in May. I’m 24, 5’4, female, & my starting weight was 190 lbs. fast forward through a lot of self discipline & lifestyle changes, I hit my goal of 135 lbs last week. Feels so incredible, I can’t even describe how powerful I feel. I can now run on the treadmill for 30 minutes straight, I make better decisions, etc... However, I do have this one gripe. I’ve had a few people in my life ask me how I’ve done it, & I’m more than happy to tell them exactly what I did. CICO, moderate cardio, don’t drink like a damn fish. All the usual healthy tips & tricks that lead to so many successful weight loss stories. Hopefully I can help someone this way! What frustrates me is when people just straight up don’t want to hear it. My best friend just flew into town for a few days, I haven’t seen him in about a year. We talk on the phone at least three times a week while he’s not in town, so I do know that he’s been struggling with his weight more so than usual in the last few months. He tries in certain aspects to make an effort, but his issue is that he’s not paying attention to the crap he eats. He’s mostly vegetarian & eats a lot of veggies when he cooks. But I know he eats out constantly & it just doesn’t seem to register to him that if you don’t pay attention to your calorie intake, like at all, that you’re more than likely not going to lose anything. His excuse, which infuriates me the most, is that he thinks it’s only beer that keeps him from losing weight. The guy doesn’t even drink that much! I mean, yes, alcohol & especially beer are super fattening. If you can’t get your drinking under control, it can be a hindrance. But it is not, cannot be, the ONLY thing keeping you from losing weight. When I first started, I told myself that I’m only allowed wine on the weekends. I didn’t cut it out completely because that just means that now I have TWO hard lifestyle changes. Double the chance to fail. By no means am I trying to push a calorie counting app on him or anything, but when you hear things from someone like, “Seeing how you look now, I’m inspired to be better,” is that not an invitation to me to maybe tell him how I did it? Because I’m breathing proof that CICO is what works. Sorry for the long post. I guess I’m frustrated because I’m worried about him. I know he’s bordering on morbidly obese. Not that I would ever say that to him because I’m not terrible. But I am worried. Maybe I just need to vent, maybe one of you has gone through something similar. Any words of wisdom would help. If you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading this & I hope your day is wonderful & you hit your goals!

submitted by /u/idkthatsjustmetho
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zCnHpW

No comments:

Post a Comment