Monday, November 5, 2018

Ketogenic Diet vs. "Low Carb"

So I've been confused about this for a while. Is there any benefit to doing a low carb diet if you're not actually trying to go into ketosis?

All throughout my weight loss journey I've constantly been told that carbs are the enemy. Of course I know there are healthy 'complex' carbs and unhealthy 'simple' carbs, but regardless, I've kind of just subconsciously been doing a low carb diet for the past few months, though it's nothing close to Keto. I still have a little bit of high fiber cereal every other day, and my meals will have brown bread or brown rice here and there.

It's worked great, but is my fear of carbs irrational? If I'm not trying to become fat adapted, can I load up on the healthy carbs (while compensating for the calories of course) without seeing a slowdown in weight loss? I'll still be eating 1500 calories, and keep the protein levels just as high.

TL;DR is there any benefit to doing a low carb diet that's not quite keto?

submitted by /u/tenamonth
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Do8SeX

No comments:

Post a Comment