Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Lost 20 pounds and i’m finally starting to be comfortable in my own skin

In a span of a month I lost 20 pounds. Perhaps a little drastic.

Some background: I have always been average. Always maintained the same weight but during college I slowly started to gain weight and it became harder to keep it off. Fast forward 4 years, I was at my heaviest, 176lbs. In my mind I wasn’t that fat. I was still “okay.” It isn’t until you see pictures of yourself that you realize just how big you’ve gotten. You see yourself in a completely different lens.

It hurt. I ate even after I was full. I was winded after eating! Ridiculous. I decided enough was enough. I hated adjusting my shirt when I sat to hide my fat. Hated passing a mirror and seeing how bloated I looked. Worst of all I hated my face. My ugly crooked teeth and my double chin that I had given myself.

I made up my mind to invest in braces, in myself. I needed my wisdom teeth extracted before I could start my journey. A week of pain, discoloration, and looking so swollen you could mistake me for a chipmunk. I could only tolerate drinking an excess of water and some occasional oatmeal for a week. I was starving. The next two weeks I spent more time cutting up my food into small pieces than actually eating it.

Then came my braces. I had all the luck. Some people are able to eat like before just after a week. But I was on a soft food diet for a month. I lost weight SO fast. My face slimmed down. My old jeans fit. No more muffin top! Best of all my body was getting used to eating smaller meals! Braces helped me cut all the sugary snacks I would eat throughout the day. Any snacking I considered were immediately shut down because the process of rinsing, flossing, and brushing afterwards, were just not worth it.

I am continuing to watch what I eat and have even begun to work out to tone down further. I can’t wait to get my braces off and feel confident in myself. I want to be carefree and not hiding in shame.

I’m sorry if this wasn’t the usual workout weight loss. I’m just so happy! I couldn’t believe the scale when I weighed myself. I don’t fear the holiday weight gain because I don’t crave sugar like I used to and if I do indulge my braces remind me to slow the fuck down because it’s not worth getting cavities :)

submitted by /u/aabxo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2z9NFBX

No comments:

Post a Comment