Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Lost my first 12kg (26.5lbs) in about 3 months. Sharing my journey and asking for help in further weight loss.

Hey guys, first post here.

I’m an 18 year old male (turned 18 a month ago), about 5 foot 7 inches tall and have been relatively overweight for a lot of my life.

Towards the end of the summer just gone, I decided I’d had enough and needed to take action. I was 106kg (234lbs) and pretty much obese. Any previous efforts I’d made had failed but this time I was determined and made a plan.

I had already stopped drinking everything but water (except for alcohol on occasion) about 6 months before I decided to start properly losing weight (it’s been about 9 months now) and this was the next step for me. I downloaded a calorie counting weight loss app, put in my details and how much exercise I do (nothing outside of walking to school in the mornings) and it gave me a figure of 1500 calories a day.

I’ve stuck to that figure, cutting out all junk, eating relatively small breakfast/lunch meals and large dinners and it’s worked for me. I don’t crave all the food I used to eat, I don’t really get hungry, it’s great. This regime has led to me losing about 13kg (28.7lbs) in total going from 106kg (234lbs) down to 93kg (205lbs).

However, I still need to lose AT LEAST another 8kg in order to get down to an acceptable weight (ideally it would be another 13kg) and recently I have found it much harder to lose more weight. That last 1kg of the total 13kg I lost has been much harder to lose and has taken longer than the rest, and I’d like to get back to my previous rate of around 1kg (2.2lbs) per week.

As I previously mentioned I currently do not do any exercise outside of walking to school for about 30 minutes every day, if I should start exercising, how should I go about it and what would be the most effective way of doing this? Any other tips to improve my weight loss would also be appreciated.

Thank you for letting me share my journey thus far with you and I appreciate any and all feedback.

submitted by /u/Brusk_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zkxKAG

No comments:

Post a Comment