Wednesday, November 21, 2018

(NSV) The first time buying clothing at a "normal" store.

I've lost about 70 pounds since my highest weight. I was 300, and now I'm 229. I still have quite a bit to go till I meet my first goal weight.

I went clothes shopping with a friend a few weeks ago. I've always had to shop at "plus size" stores since I was a child. Torrid, Lane Bryant, Avenue, Mode plus, etc etc etc. My minimum size was a 2x. I eventually got so heavy that 3x-4x were my go to for 'fitted' clothes. I usually sized up from that because I was so insecure about my size. I was a 22/24 in pants. I wore leggings and sundresses a good portion of the time because it was getting harder and harder to find my size.b

My bestfriend has been very supportive in my weight loss journey. A few weeks ago he said he wanted to take me to get a few shirts and all because my old ones are...massive on me. I was very uncomfortable initially because of the store we were going to. I was pretty sure nothing was going to fit. He gave me some encouragement and off we went.

The store didn't really go above 2x. I started picking clothes and sizing up like I always have. He said I should try sizing down and I wanted to cry. I was sure that I was going to sit in the dressing room, hanging up all the clothes that were too small. That didn't happen!

I actually had to go back and pick up different sizes. Everything I picked up was a large, and only a few were extra large. I had one thing that was a 2x and it was a sweater, so the sizing up was intentional. I did want to cry, but because I've never been able to grab something off a rack at a 'normal' store before.

Everything fit great. I went home and dug through my old clothes. I picked up a pair of size 22 cut off shorts and held them up to my body in the mirror. You could fold inches of fabric around my thighs. So I teared up and silently told myself that I would never wear those again.

This is also the first winter that I've been cold the whole time. Doubling up on sweaters cold. It's not even the coldest winter I've experienced and I live in California. Things like that and the sizing change make the hard work worth it. Every time I go to put on and old t-shirt I remember when it was too tight. If I want to wear one of those shirts now, I have to tie them in a knot with a rubber band.

I never ever thought this was a possibility. Yet, here I am. I am only 21 and I have been highly overweight since I was a child. The last time I was below 200 pounds I was 9 or 10. That is my next goal and I'm sure all the tears will come when that happens. I want a long, healthy life that I can enjoy. For the first time in my life, I know I can do this.

submitted by /u/BabyGirlR
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Kmk78l

No comments:

Post a Comment