Friday, November 2, 2018

My International BMI journey story (with pictures)

I started my journey at 76kg/168lb five months ago. My first goal is to hit 60kg/130lb with some significant milestones along the way like 30in waist size, fitting into certain clothes, healthy fat %, etc.

One of the milestones was to be a healthy BMI. If anything weight-related ever became the topic of discussion anywhere, I wanted my statistic to reassure me that I was healthy.

So I started with my 76kg and BMI of 27, counting the kilos as they dropped off and rejoicing when I hit 70kg with a BMI 24.9 . My foot was finally in the door of the Healthy club that I had dreamed of for so long! I was so happy that I made that particular milestone and celebrated here on /r/loseit .

However, the very next day after this victory, I find out that I am pushed out that very door because I am Asian. Asians had a different scale. You guessed it right - A LOWER SCALE.

I found out that my a BMI of 27 according to the Asian standard was classified as obese. This made me so sad-mainly because I was not aware that I was obese when I started. Therefore, one day after my so called healthy victory, there I was, still overweight. Such a piss off. So with a lot of anger and hate at the Asian scale, I propped another milestone into my weight loss journey- to hit an IDEAL ASIAN BMI.

I was not throwing away the perfectly good milestone I had earned. I just added another one to my list. After a big plateau of two months, mainly due to eating at maintenance, I recently made good progress and inched towards 64.4kgs.

Yesterday, I hit 64.3kg and FINALLY a Healthy Asian BMI of 22.9!! Yay!

Here are two pictures to commemorate this special moment:

These are my old jeans that were too tight to button up when I started my journey.

These are my brand new pair of Asian BMI jeans that I inaugurated yesterday.

Full disclosure Bonus Story: Yesterday, I ate two 6" pizzas that I hadn't really planned for. I didn't feel good before, during or after this process, it was a bad decision. The binge was not even BMI or victory related. I ordered food it because I wanted to celebrate being alone at home. I never get the whole house to myself. I kept fighting so bad to not order but then I finally ended up trying the new app that had some coupons. It was a bad decsion mainly because I didn't enjoy anything of the process. I was dreading stepping on the scale this morning and I was still at the same weight so yay!

Tl;Dr: It took me ONLY FIVE MONTHS to go from from obese to healthy WITH two months of plateaus!

WE GOT THIS! :)

submitted by /u/CurlyMope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CZVzk7

No comments:

Post a Comment